Jan 29, 2012

Home, Pt 2

For the past three or four days, I've felt run-down. I hurt my left knee while exercising and my right ankle during my walk home from the photo lab, and proceeded to bang up my knee even further during a 3 hour photo shoot on Friday. That photo session killed my back*, and after looking through the viewfinder for three hours, my left eye started stinging and teared up. Not fun. I was a mess by the time I left the studio and was so glad that Brent came to pick me up. We drove to Cha Cha Cha to get some food and ate at home and I spent the better part of the afternoon lying on the couch and complaining. But at least the photo shoot was a lot of fun and a great learning experience, so the sad condition I'm in is almost worth it**.

For Christmas, I got a few rolls of Kodak Portra 400, and these were all shot with it. Some of the tones remind me of the 400H so much, especially the green-ish tones, but I also got some stunningly deep blues that I can't stop fawning over. It's a keeper. The colors in the second shot are really warm, and exactly the look I want to go for every time I'm shooting. I obviously don't always achieve that look, but I'm going to try to get it more consistently. 

--1539 --1540 --1541 --1543 --1538 --1544 --1545

Canon AE1 // Kodak Portra 400
Some photos shot with the 50mm 1.8, others with the 1.4***. 

Notes

* "Le dos en compote" is the only expression that comes to mind when describing it.
** I'll post about it soon when I'm done editing.  
*** Can't remember which is which, but the martini glasses and the record player were shot with the 1.4 for sure. 

6 comments:

  1. Why switching from 1.4 to 1.8 ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! I got the 1.4 after the 1.8, so I just shot some with the 1.8 before the 1.4 showed up.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photo set! PS. hope the next couple days are a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I know one thing that's going to help me feel better: finding a copy of Kinfolk at Powell's.

      Delete
  3. I honestly don't want to seem gushy or anything but I do love almost everything about your home. Vinyl records make me happy, I've only recently started buying them & am looking for a suitable turntable right now. Another thing I love is the wooden flooring. I am sorry about your back & ankle & eye, I do hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful home, you have anne! love.

    ReplyDelete