Mar 11, 2013

Flower studies

For years I would want to punch in the nose people who brought flowers to my house because flowers (even cut) gave me such terrible allergies. My eyes would tear up, I would sneeze all day and I swore to myself that I would dump every guy who brought me flowers. Then, I fell in love with (film) photography, and flowers didn't interest me much. I thought that because I had no interest in photographing them in their natural state that I should refrain from making photos of them altogether. Only recently did I realize how much I like to photograph them at home. And so I've been on a flower binge. Now I want to grow them in our garden so I can always have a bouquet on our dining room table. I'll just have to invest in some really strong allergy medicine come spring. 

--1826

Mamiya C220 // Portra 400

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron is the same way with flowers. I bring them into the house and he starts sneezing. Oh, and I'm reading the same book.
    Lovely light in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves baking, photography and has cut flower allergies. Are we related??? What do you think of the book? I'm (supposed to be) writing a review for the BM website.

      Delete
  3. Is that a copy of Eight Girls Taking Pictures? Can't wait to read it! Amazing photos as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Antonella! Yes, it is! I loved the book, it was such an interesting read for a photographer. And the author is a friend of my boss' so it made reading it even more special.

      Delete
  4. these are really beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete